Our guest today is Brian Briscoe, an apartment syndicator and podcaster. In this episode, we dig into the 4 crucial elements of any investment strategy: assets, market, team, and deal. Brian shares his strategy, the right mindset for an investor, and what he learned as a Marine that you can use in your business as well.
Learn more about Brian and his journey at reiclarity.com!
“You really need to have that same mindset with multifamily investing or creating a business as in the military. There’s no other answer besides getting it done and succeeding.”
Brian served as an active duty US Marine which helped him to create a “never give up” attitude.
He has this mindset in his real estate business as well and for him, success is inevitable.
According to Brian, the traits that successful investors portray are confidence and honesty. If you have the right strategy, trust in yourself, and understand the value that you’re bringing to your investors then you will succeed. Be honest with people and don’t push deals on them that are not a good fit.
“At the end of the day, you have solid returns for a relatively low amount of risk and that’s what drives me to multifamily.”
Brian digs into his strategy based on the REI Clarity Framework. The 4 main elements of every good strategy are assets, market, team, and deal.
- Assets: Brian is committed to the multifamily asset group. There’s always going to be a demand for shelter and it is proven to be the most resilient for downturns.
- Markets: Brian is looking for markets that have strong tailwinds. Based on nationwide trends, money is moving from high cost of living areas to low cost of living areas, from urban areas to the secondary and tertiary markets, and from North to South.
- Team: Brian’s advice is to have like-minded people in your team of operators that are committed to providing value. Find one trusted service provider who can suggest other great service providers to you.
- Deal: You make money on a deal by solving problems. Brian suggests finding out how to add value to the property and doing a lot of underwriting. You could underwrite 50-100 deals until you come across a good one.
“Whenever you’re in a position where you’re doubting yourself, the best way to get out of it is to be proactive.”
At the end of the episode, Brian talks about mindset. He suggests discovering your “big burning why” because that will always drive you forward and won’t let you quit.
Brian choose multifamily investing and stopped being an active duty Marine because he wanted to be more present in his family’s life and have more time freedom.
Mentioned in the show:
- His LinkedIn
- The REI Clarity Framework
Learn how to grow your portfolio and reach incredible success the right way! Visit us here for everything you need to know: www.shineinsurance.com/reiclarity.
Special thanks to Brian Briscoe for taking the time to share so many great insights with us
If you enjoyed this podcast, there’s a couple of things we need you to do right now:
- SUBSCRIBE to REI Clarity on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts
- While your there, please RATE & REVIEW the show
- SHARE with friends
- Finally, please, JOIN the REI Clarity Facebook Group
Then, please share the show with whoever you think it will inspire.
Until the next time, We truly appreciate you listening.
Need the REI Insurance Guy?
More great stories & information at:
Show produced by Eni Horvath